An Enterprise Vault (EV) is a secure service similar to an end-user Vault with added functionality tailored to enterprises. Enterprise refers to any entity, for example a company, government, or association. In the context of an EV, an “Organisation” is the entity that controls and manages their own EV.
The key functionalities of an Enterprise Vault are as follows:
- The Organisation that manages an EV can have one or more Administrators who are authorised to onboard and manage other Administrators.
- The Administrator(s) of an EV can manage and deploy additional services that work harmoniously with the EV's features and functions.
- An Organisation can connect to any user or other Organisation via a Vault-to-Vault conenction in order to undertake various workflows.
- Fined-grained consent capabilities to manage the sharing of data with end-users.
The following are examples of services the EV offers:
- Secure data storage - This data includes, but is not limited to:
- raw data
- structured data
- verifiable data
- self-attested data
- semantic data
- verifiable and verified data (including Verifiable Credentials)
- Secure sharing - Structured data shared in a persistent or one-off way, for example: a document or attachment. Shared data can also include a business rule that determines if the data can be edited/updated, or locked to prevent editing by the Organisation or other parties.
- Securely receiving - Structured data from any authorised party (end-user or third-party) within an EV ecosystem. This enables easy integrations with other services.
There are multiple ways to interact with and manage an EV, including: Meeco's Enterprise Portal The Enterprise Portal is an application that enables Organisation Administrators to onboard, invite additional Organisation Administrators, and begin accessing Meeco's Vault API via a low-code interface. When using the EV via the Enterprise Portal, Administrators can create, view, and manage Items, Connections and Shares. It also provides a view of the end-users and other third-party services that the Organisation is connected to.
Onboarding to an Enterprise Vault To set up an EV, an authorised user must first create an Organisation. Note that setting up an Organisation will require either approval via the creation of a Meeco Licence, or via an ecosystem's Tenant Administrator.