Comment on page
Secure Data Storage
Both users and enterprises store a significant amount of data online, including Personally Identifying Information (PII), sensitive corporate data and customer information. More often than not, this data is not appropriately protected. A secure data storage solution is designed to protect the data from unauthorised access or use, while ensuring that data is available when needed. Here are some features that a secure data storage should have:
- Encryption: Data is encrypted both in transit and at rest to ensure that even if it is intercepted or stolen, it cannot be read or used by unauthorised parties.
- Access Control: Access to data is restricted to authorised parties.
- Logging and Auditing: The storage solution maintains a log of all events related to the data, and provides audit logs to authorised users.
- Compliance with Standards and Regulation: The storage solution complies with relevant data protection regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It also follows best practices for security and data protection, such as those outlines by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Data Integrity: When exchanging data with other parties, it is essential to conserve integrity to ensure that the data remains accurate and unchanged throughout the transmission process.
Meeco has developed the Meeco Vault as part of the SVX Platform, a flexible secure data storage option that provides end-to-end encryption on all data types. It also includes encrypted peer-to peer-sharing with granular control over the shares. Via the use of the Vault APIs, our secure data technology can be embedded in new and existing applications such as digital wallets, mobile apps, web portals or back-up services. By default, users and organisations are authenticated via an OIDC provider.
Last modified 8mo ago